Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> just curious, what ports actually *need* esound?  I would be willing
> to convert them to sndio so we can toss this garbage in the dumpster
> where it belongs.

For me, esound's attraction has always been the ability to carry
audio over the network.  That's something sndio/aucat can't do
(yet?).  But since I have now for several years been unable to get
this to work on the occasions I tried, I'm not feeling the esound
love any more.

Firefox has an esound run dependency whose use I don't know.
GNOME used to rely on esound as a multiplexer; I don't know what's
up with that nowadays.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de