Bryan Irvine wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Xn Nooby <xno...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using Postfix to replace an existing  email system, and I am
inheriting usernames that are in uppercase. Apparently Postfix
converts all email addresses to lowercase, so I cannot receive mail to
the accounts that are in uppercase. This surprised me, because the
linux user accounts are in uppercase.

Probably the easiest solution would be to write a script to create
aliases in lower case.

-Bryan

No, that won't fix the problem.

The best solution is to not use upper-case usernames.

If that's not possible, the other solutions are:
a) patch postfix local delivery agent to not force lowercase during delivery. b) use something other than the postfix local delivery agent. Maybe maildrop or procmail...

--
Noel Jones