Wietse Venema via Postfix-users:
> Alex via Postfix-users:
> > Hi,
> > I'm using multi-instance postfix-3.7.2 on fedora37 and would like to be
> > able to control which header and body checks apply to which domain in a
> > specific instance. I'm looking for advice on the best way to do this.
> >
> > I have about ten domains right now, and would probably need a number of
> > policies that control filtering for these domains. I was thinking I could
> > create a new instance for each domain, but I only have a limited number of
> > IP addresses. Is it possible to do this using content filters with a
> > multi-instance postfix configuration? Do you have any examples of how this
> > might work?
> >
> > I also recall reading about using a milter for this, but would that require
> > me to develop my own application for this? Or is there one already created
> > and supported that might help here?
> >
> > I've used if/endif conditionals in check_recipient_access in the past, but
> > this doesn't work for header/body checks?
> >
> > I'm not sure where to start, so I'm also not sure what other config details
> > I should provide to help make this determination.
>
> I'd say, start with one instance per domain. The 'cost' of doing so
> is really small.

Once you run out of IP addresses, you will need policy selection
based on the recipient domain. For example:

    internet -> front-end Postfix instance -> filter -> back-end Postfix
instance

The front-end Postfix instance uses transport_maps to select a suitable filter.

    example.com: smtp:<filter-for-example-com>
    example.org: smtp:<filter-for-example-ord>

Each filter then delivers to the back-end Postfix.