Hi,

On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 4:41 PM Wietse Venema via Postfix-users <
postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

> Alex via Postfix-users:
> > >
> > > Once you run out of IP addresses, you will need policy selection
> > > based on the recipient domain. For example:
> > >
> > >     internet -> front-end Postfix instance -> filter -> back-end
> Postfix
> > > instance
> > >
> > > The front-end Postfix instance uses transport_maps to select a suitable
> > > filter.
> > >
> > >     example.com: smtp:<filter-for-example-com>
> > >     example.org: smtp:<filter-for-example-ord>
> > >
> > > Each filter then delivers to the back-end Postfix.
> > >

> > This implies one IP per domain as well, correct?
>
> No. One front-end instance can receive mail for N domains, and they
> can share (MX) IP addresses.
>
> You can have multiple front ends, again that is not required for
> per-domain filters to work.

I'm starting to understand and really appreciate your help. Can I ask you
to provide me with an example of what you mean? Are you referring to what's
outlined in FILTER_README as an after-queue filter?

How would I reference my header_checks.pcre from within the shell script
filter?

example.com: smtp:/usr/bin/filter-example.com.sh

I would then need to send the email to the port where amavisd is listening
to process mail for that specific domain, correct? amavisd would then send
the email to the back-end postfix to be delivered.