Hi,

On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 12:39 PM Wietse Venema via Postfix-users <
postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

> Wietse Venema via Postfix-users:
> > Alex via Postfix-users:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm using multi-instance postfix-3.7.2 on fedora37 and would like to be
> > > able to control which header and body checks apply to which domain in a
> > > specific instance. I'm looking for advice on the best way to do this.
> > >
> > > I have about ten domains right now, and would probably need a number of
> > > policies that control filtering for these domains. I was thinking I
> could
> > > create a new instance for each domain, but I only have a limited
> number of
> > > IP addresses. Is it possible to do this using content filters with a
> > > multi-instance postfix configuration? Do you have any examples of how
> this
> > > might work?
> > >
> > > I also recall reading about using a milter for this, but would that
> require
> > > me to develop my own application for this? Or is there one already
> created
> > > and supported that might help here?
> > >
> > > I've used if/endif conditionals in check_recipient_access in the past,
> but
> > > this doesn't work for header/body checks?
> > >
> > > I'm not sure where to start, so I'm also not sure what other config
> details
> > > I should provide to help make this determination.
> >
> > I'd say, start with one instance per domain. The 'cost' of doing so
> > is really small.
>
> Once you run out of IP addresses, you will need policy selection
> based on the recipient domain. For example:
>
>     internet -> front-end Postfix instance -> filter -> back-end Postfix
> instance
>
> The front-end Postfix instance uses transport_maps to select a suitable
> filter.
>
>     example.com: smtp:<filter-for-example-com>
>     example.org: smtp:<filter-for-example-ord>
>
> Each filter then delivers to the back-end Postfix.

This implies one IP per domain as well, correct? Which then also means one
MX for each domain, plus a backup.

This is my current postmulti setup for this server:

$ postmulti -l
-               -               y         /etc/postfix
postfix-out     mta             y         /etc/postfix-out
postfix-120     mta             y         /etc/postfix-120

In your above scenario, the filter instance is my postfix-120, correct?
This is where I would add the header and body checks?