Hi Kingsley,

On 7/20/2012 5:30 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
On 7/19/12 9:13 PM, Mike Bergman wrote:
+1

On 7/19/2012 6:37 PM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
    Remember, this is the Linked Open Data (LOD) forum. We've long past
    the issue of *demand driven* over here, re. Linked Data.

There's a difference between solving an issue and just refusing to
address it any more. Pity there isn't a another forum for generating
actual demand as reliably as this one supplies scorn.

Mike,

What problem are we refusing to address, as exemplified by :
http://semgel.com/ .

If I am missing something here, I would like to know what it is. Of
course, I might have completely overlooked something, so I am always
open to correction.

Sebastian Schaffert's response addressed this well. I also comment in various ways on this topic on my blog as frequently as the muse strikes me.

The reason I simply commented by "+1" is that I did not want to contribute to what are often lengthy polemics as to what the "community" is or believes or purports. As best as I can tell there is no true community here, but a diverse set of players with diverse interests and perspectives. If you follow my writings closely you know that I see linked data as a useful and often desirable technique, but not a means.

In your enthusiasm and cheerleading you as often turn people off as inspire them. You too frequently take it upon yourself to "speak for the community". Semgel is a nice contribution being contributed by a new, enthusiastic contributor. I think this is to be applauded, not lectured or scolded. Semgel is certainly as much on topic as most of the posts to this forum.

There is a reason I and Structured Dynamics no longer comment or participate on these forums. If I hear from others correctly, our perspective is shared by many.

I will not comment further on this thread.

Thanks, Mike

Michael K. Bergman
CEO  Structured Dynamics LLC
319.621.5225