Hi, you shouldn't need to convert old pages. The 2003 version is way
beyond the beta-11. My guess is that you had version 1.3 ("Harvest
Moon"), which was the active version at that time. Swiki is pretty old. I
take it you are having problems upgrading to the newest version found here:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/10

I created a page for "how to upgrade":
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/136

If you find that you cannot get the new version to work, you can find
"Harvest Moon" here:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/uploads/10/ComSwiki.3.zip

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 09:49:38PM -0400, Charis Quay Huei Li wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      We recently had the HD on our Swiki server die. It was running
> Windows 2000. I don't remember the swiki version, but we installed it in
> the middle of 2003. We replaced the HD, installed Windows XP and tried to
> restore the Swiki.
>      Upon examining the backup, it appeared that we had all the pages but
> not squeak.exe or the image file. I installed the latest version of
> swiki/squeak from the website and tried to follow the instructions for
> converting from pre-beta-11, which I assume is what we had.
>      I wasn't quite sure how to `Do: (ComSwikiLauncher convertOldPages)`.
> After clicking around for a bit, I added `ComSwikiLauncher
> convertOldPages` to the `Do...` list that comes up when you click on an
> empty spot in the squeak window. It doesn't see to do anything when I
> click on it though. Another datum is that almost none of the things in
> Tools, Navigation etc. do anything either.
>      We also tried to download an old version but the server (seaweed?)
> seems to be down.
>      Any suggestions woudl be very much appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Charis.

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105