Ah. It seems that there is more messed up in your recovered data than just
the image and the executable. It may be a long process for you to fix it.
You can create swiki. Ignore the last step in on page
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/136

None of that is necessary. Nobody has an ani folder to upgrade, since
that just came in the last version.

It could be that you have to create new settings.xml and setup.xml files
for the old swikis that you had if they are missing. Create a new swiki
and use its setup.xml and settings.xml files as a template. Both are in
plain text, so you should be able to figure out how to change them for
each swiki.

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:21:19PM -0400, Charis Quay Huei Li wrote:
> Jeff,
>
>      Thanks very much for your response!
>      Unfortunately, none of your suggestions worked.
>
> > Hi, you shouldn't need to convert old pages. The 2003 version is way
> > beyond the beta-11. My guess is that you had version 1.3 ("Harvest
> > Moon"), which was the active version at that time. Swiki is pretty old.
> > I take it you are having problems upgrading to the newest version found
> > here: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/10
>
>      This is what I tried first.
>
> > I created a page for "how to upgrade":
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/136
>
>      I also tried following the instructions here. The problems:
> 1. There is no 'ani' directory on the old Swiki.
> 2. The only thing under 'default' is a directory called 'temp' with a few
> numbered pages in it.
> 3. The only directory under 'refs' is 'pages'.
>
> > If you find that you cannot get the new version to work, you can find
> > "Harvest Moon" here:
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/uploads/10/ComSwiki.3.zip
>
>      Thanks for this. I installed it and it looks more like what we had.
> However, after copying over the old swiki folders and going to
> ourserver:port/admin, I could not see any of our swikis, only 'refs'. Our
> swikis do have the 'settings' and 'security' files intact. I also tried
> removing them. Neither configuration worked.
>      I would appreciate any help I can get...
>
> Cheers,
> Charis.

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105