ooh, sounds like a tough one!

you might try turning on debugging and logDebuggerStackToFile in the
image to see if you get any (squeak) stack traces related to this.

is there any stack backtrace ("where") available when you use gdb?

are you running WinterLong?

what is your disk space like on the partition where the logs are
written? (i was getting daily crashes a while back and it turned out
my logs were filling up the partition)

[scratches his head]

hal