On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 14:41 +0300, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:

> However, we started to think the practical issues with this in Pylons.
> In principle, making this work
> reliably means to distribute the session data so all server processes
> can access each session's data.

I'm curious about this too.  I've been actually doing it already for
some time (albeit not on any heavily loaded sites) using Nginx and a
default Pylons setup and quite frankly I've not had any issues despite
taking no precautions.

My only possible explanation is that either a) Nginx makes some attempt
to track sessions itself and always passes the same IP back to the same
backend Pylons process or b) Pylons automagically makes it work.

Either way I'd like to feel a little more certain about this.

Regards,
Cliff