On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 01:46 +0300, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> On 8/25/07, Cliff Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         My only possible explanation is that either a) Nginx makes
>         some attempt
>         to track sessions itself and always passes the same IP back to
>         the same
>         backend Pylons process or b) Pylons automagically makes it
>         work.
>
> ...or c) you don't use much the session data storage and you've been
> lucky.

I think I'd have had to have been *much* luckier than I can take credit
for ;-)

> On the other hand... if session data is always stored to the disk to
> the same directory and location and loaded on each request, multiple
> server processes accessing the same data should actually work quite
> fine.

This seems the likely answer.

>  To scale this to multiple server machines one would need a networked
> file system mount point in which to store the session data.

> However, I'd like to avoid using the disk as much as possible.

Memcached seems the easiest (and probably best) solution.  As Philip
mentions, however, it isn't well-documented how to use Beaker with
Memcached.  If you decide to go this route, maybe update the wiki?

Regards,
Cliff