As a long time user of Pylons the thing that scares me is migration.
How much work is it going to take to get my Pylons 9.7/1.0 project to
Pyramid. Also since I have projects currently being worked on in
Pylons how much of this is going to be dead end work?

I am hoping that there will be specific migration patterns to ease
this pain. A step by step guide for migration so I can at least
understand what work will be required.

What is the recommendation at this point for someone in the middle of
creating a Pylons 9.7/1.0 app? My assumption is to continue but be
aware that a year or two down the road to expect a rewrite.

How about new projects? Should they immediately start using Pyramids
and abandon Pylons?

-Jeff