Rich Mellor wrote:
> Yes it can read the current mode, but how does it know whether to
> use the standard QL colours via IOW.INK or to use palette colours
> via WM.INKP

There is NO WM.INKP Trap. If you do mean to call the WMAN-VECTOR
WM.TRAP3 with the ink code in D0, then this call always works with the
latest WMAN, no matter on what system.

> - guess if the QL is not in mode 16,32 or 33 the only solution is to
> ignore the four colour palette and always use IOW.INK.

WHY? ALL WMAN calls are compatible across ALL systems.

> This seems very confusing.... espscially since the WM.INKP trap #3
> returns not implemented on non smsq/e systems running the latest PE,

No, it certainly doesn't! Again, there is no WM.INKP Trap. I don't
even know where you got the name from, it's certainly nowhere in the
SMSQ/E code!

Marcel