On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:09:47 +0100, Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rich Mellor wrote:
Yes it can read the current mode, but how does it know whether to
use the standard QL colours via IOW.INK or to use palette colours
via WM.INKP

There is NO WM.INKP Trap. If you do mean to call the WMAN-VECTOR WM.TRAP3 with the ink code in D0, then this call always works with the latest WMAN, no matter on what system.

OK no there isn't IOW.INKP (trap #3, d0=$52) my mistake for not looking... However the question remains why this returns not implemented on the latest PE, but not under ssmsq/e

- guess if the QL is not in mode 16,32 or 33 the only solution is to
ignore the four colour palette and always use IOW.INK.

WHY? ALL WMAN calls are compatible across ALL systems.

No they aren't - IOW.INKP returns not implemented on latest PE running on Minerva - how is that compatible !?
Maybe this trap is provided by smsq/e not by the PTR_GEN/WMAN - I have no idea here. Latest WMAN includes superbasic keyword WM_INK so why not the trap as well (even if all it does it to do the same as the original INK trap where there are no high colour drivers)?

This seems very confusing.... espscially since the WM.INKP trap #3
returns not implemented on non smsq/e systems running the latest PE,

No, it certainly doesn't! Again, there is no WM.INKP Trap. I don't even know where you got the name from, it's certainly nowhere in the SMSQ/E code!

I obviously made a mistake in the name. If you read my emails, you would know I was on about the trap to set ink to a palette coloue.

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/