> However, I've been unable to use it as it was put away with a black
> cartridge open in it.  Once I had downloaded the correct drivers for
> it, I
> eventually got the CMY jets working, but the black has steadfastly
> refused
> to work - I eventually got it to product a single (dot) line for
> about 2
> lines and that peters out to nowt; ink appears to have dried in the
> jets...any suggestions how to clear (trying propan-2-ol seems to
> have had
> little effect (other than to get one dot working for minimal time),
> though
> it does "collect" the other colours quite well - I dismantled the
> "head"
> unit to get direct access to the jets...the C460 has a "small"
> sponge for
> the lifetime of head cleaning, along with a rubber block that pops
> up to
> scrape along the jets.).
I've had this happen with an inkjet before. 4 or 5 attempts to clean
the heads failed, the nozzle test pattern always showing the same part
not printing. Some of the Epson drivers have options for presetting
print quality. I set it to maximum quality in an attempt to maximise
ink flow through all jets. Might have been coincidence, but it worked
straight away!

> As I got it for nowt, I'm not too worried about replacing it -
> especially as
> I intend to get one that is Linux compatible.
Is Linux able to drive those "control-code-less" Windows printers, or
does Linux have the same sorts of problems that QL has with those?