In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marcel Kilgus
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> It's changing the subject a little but in spite of the fact there are so
>>> many critics of I.E. on this list 72.3% of people accessing my site use IE.
>>> 24.5% Netscape and only 2.2% Opera.
>> I wonder if that's because it is free (well, you get it when you pay
>>for Windows) ?
>
>Actually all 3 are free. But IE is pre-installed and most people have
>the "I know how to use it, I don't want to learn anything else"
>approach, even though both Netscape and Opera are 1000 times better
>than the old IE, which hasn't been updated with new features for
>years. Personally I'd probably rather give up the internet than using
>IE for halve an hour, it's just a pain to use.

So ... what in particular is painful about IE ?

( This should be fun ... :-) )

I use both IE ver6 and Opera ver6, and usually IE is much the quicker at
finding sites and downloading ... despite Opera's claim to be the
fastest thing in West .....

--
Malcolm Cadman