Malcolm Cadman wrote:
> So ... what in particular is painful about IE ?

Mainly it's inherently unsafe to use it on the internet. No IE user
should be surprised if they catch some virus, worm or whatever. Apart
form that it's usually slower, it doesn't have proper keyboard
navigation, it lacks browser tabs, it doesn't recognize mouse
gestures, the bookmarks are inferior, it doesn't allow site specific
settings, the popup blocker is lacking, it doesn't have an ad filter,
it doesn't include an RSS client, it doesn't maintain state (opened
URLs) between sessions, when it crashes you cannot just continue to
work where you left off, there is no proper cookie management, it
renders pages wrongly and doesn't comply to most standards, it's not
very customizable.

Okay, those were just the things that I could immediately come up
with. I guess with some effort the list would be longer ;-)

> I use both IE ver6 and Opera ver6, and usually IE is much the quicker at
> finding sites and downloading ... despite Opera's claim to be the
> fastest thing in West .....

Opera 6 is how old? 5 years? Unlike IE, Opera HAS been improved in the
meantime. They're at version 9 now.

Marcel