Hi Marcel,

> Yes, but nobody tells you that the data area is just for FP data.
True, but if I was setting up an area of storage I'd be sure (myself) to keep
my FP stuff well away from my other stuff purely because it's possible for the
FP stuff to wander all over my other stuiff if I get the offset wrong.

It's not exactly documented anywhere really. Well not until QL Toady prints my
next article where I have a good rant on the subject :o)

Mind you, it allows someone more knowlegable that I am to comment in the next
QL Toady about how wrong I am !

> You still have total control over where the data is put.
>
> Just as a simple example (not tested, just written as-is):
>
> some_other_data
>         dc.w    $1234
> my_fp_value
>         dc.w    0,0,0
> some_more_data_in_between
>         dc.w    $abcd
> data_top
> [...]
>         lea     data_top(pc),a4
>         suba.l  a6,a4
>         move.w  #my_fp_value-data_top,d0
>         jsr     qa.op

Hmmm. That's interesting and looks quite clever too. I can see where you are
coming from. When I read the docs, I was led (or led myself) into thinking that
you have a 'stack' area where you keep your variables and that this area was
purely used for the purpose. So I'd have an area of 6*N bytes where N is the
max number of FPs I want to store and set A4 to point there (relative A6).
Thanks.

> You mean you'll be driving on the right side of the road. In both
> meanings for the word "right" ;-)
No - right and wrong :o)

You see, the 'continentals' only drive on the right because they have copied
America (which makes me wonder why France drives on the right - but hey !) and
the Americans only drive on the right because they are decended from a group of
English misfits (the pilgrim fathers I believe) who were turfed out of England
some years ago. Then there was the little matter of the American War of
Independence where they wre finally allowed to break all ties with England.
Hence, they chose to drive on the opposite side of the road - just to be
different.

So you see, we in the UK, Australia and so forth actually had first choice and
led the way (ok, maybe not Australia, but we told them where to drive!) and
everybody else copied the new and fashionable Americans :o)

<ducks under desk and hides>

Now, if that's not politically correct ..... :o)

Cheers,
Norman.