According to Wikipedia, the story about Napoleon is legend with no basis
in fact.

However, what is interesting is that road traffic statistics seem to
suggest that driving on the left is safer. The theory is that the
preponderance of right eye dominance results in statistically faster
reactions to oncoming traffic if you drive on the left.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_or_left_side_of_the_road#History

so that makes left right, and right wrong!

Jeremy (still lurking, rarely QLing these days)