Damn, I missed all the fun as Orange havent delivered the mail for over a week ;o( Not even the message to tell me that I need to agree to their new conditions before I can use my mail account (via an email client or even their webmail interface). How dumb and unhelpful is that!

Regarding floppies, No, you cant format DD disks in Vista or W7 as the native drivers dont support it. No problem reading them, though, and no problem formating HD disks from W7 or from within QPC - at least there shouldnt be. Solution: Copy your old stuff to HDDs and go on living!

As for the QL future, I guess there aint any, at least not at the present (if that makes sense). Modern computers have evolved far beyond what was envisaged when the QL was young. Surely we dont need yet another way of doing the same old tired things any fool can now do with Linux, Windoze or Macs. The current trend appears to be towards Cloud computing, where data storage and even processing power is an off-site, on-line service. Thats a major paradigm shift - back to square one, some three or four generations ago.

There is still the possibility that some of the seminal concepts from the QL era will come round again in a new form in the future, so its worthwhile hanging on in there and keeping it alive as best we can. And if not, weve still had our moneys worth!

Per