From: "Dilwyn Jones" <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:37 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] [QL-Users] Sandy Futura (PDF from Urs)

Where is this PDF on Sandy Futura - have I missed something?

http://www.qlvsjaguar.homepage.bluewin.ch/QL_FUTURA.html

Ah right - now that looks interesting...

You know the sad part.... I came across some expansion boards (two or three) which had those connectors like the QL edge connector with 3 rows of pins, but no-one seemed to know what they were, so they got thrown out....

--
Rich Mellor
Yes indeed, very interesting. Be wary of downloading the zip file BTW, about 154MB. My PC said 2 hours to download it (showing only about 20Kb/s at the moment though, so much for broadband).

The original Futura was to be a QL compatible, then the Italian parent company were said to have pulled the plug on Futura and Sandy went ahead only with a QXL-style plug in card for PC (anyone know what that was called?), though I don't know if that went into production and how many got sold. The variety of boards Urs shows in the video probably implies both typed of boards were in the box, along with a few other Sandy RAM cards etc.

Would be interesting to hear from Urs how he got hold of all this!

A question many people are asking.

To put people out of their misery this is a QL Today scoop and our German readers, who have already received their copies, have blown the gaff.

I am afraid the rest of you will have to wait patiently for the magazine to arrive in which Urs tells all.

Mind you, some of us in the UK have forgotten what post is. Yesterday I received my first post in three weeks,

Best Wishes,

Geoff

I hope you have had your QUANTA Magazine - Bumper Christmas Issue

They were posted last Friday - 17th December.

ENJOY, and Season's Greetings to all.

John G.