At 12:11 01/03/2011 +0000, you wrote:

The QL community is a good deal more conservative that we probably would like to think,
Strange one this - conservative in some respects yet not in others. We do have to bear in mind that as a community we are using a base computer which is not far from 3 decades old, yet we insist on still using it. It's probably a bit inevitable that some of those who choose to use an older computer will probably not go for all the latest technology bells and whistles and remain a bit conservative in their outlook, while the rest will take up the latest thing. For example, I was a bit surprised that QL Forum took off in the way it did.
Having entered my fifth score I find myself becoming increasingly Luddite, Click's reviews of what's new and on the way don't appeal in the slightest. 3D TV, surfing the web on a mobile phone, Wii , why is that WEE instead of wee aye, (radii or tumlii)or is that too Geordie ?

My first email a/c was hosted by an internet cafe, I had no phone on my boat. But with my data on a floppy I could cycle into town and surf, cost a little then tho' now most libraries have it free. So I don't understand the problem of electronic delivery, and as the readershi[ dwindles the printing charges rise. So much physical work involved with the paper mag'.