Hi,

So somewhere in the loading process it crashes. If I break with the
hatari debugger and disassemble I end up in a loop that doesn't end.
I have no idea where the loop is in the source tree.

What kind of loop is it?

Is it a branch to the same address? If yes, you might want to check the A7 stack for a return address, that could show you where this is called from.

Does your debugger have a function where you can call it from the source code (something like

My problem is that I don't have a working St any more...

I can probably provide the Atari QMON kernel debugger module, but
getting it to work might of course be a quest in itself (communication
is done through a serial port).

This might be a good idea. Does it need input to work or can it be
configured to perhaps break when something fails?

IIRC you connect it to a machine that runs qmon and that then lets you pilot the atari from there.

Wolfgang