On 21 July 2015 at 09:28, Marcel Kilgus <ql-us...@mail.kilgus.net> wrote:
> Michael Grunditz wrote:
>> This might be a good idea. Does it need input to work or can it be
>> configured to perhaps break when something fails?
>
> It's been a decade since I've used it, but IIRC it breaks before the
> boot process where you can give it a "g" command to get it running
> again. Then it'll only break again after a fault.
>
>> If the serial init works, is it possible to send information to the
>> serial port directly (printouts ) and in that case is there some
>> functions to do this?
>
> It expects a VT100 terminal emulator on the other end. Then it handles
> like a normal QMON debugger.

Ok. I don't have any problem with serial ports and terminal emulation.

But before Thursday I can't do proper serial. However I can spool the
serial port to a text file. So I wonder, can I send data to serialport
just by moving data to the serial port address? I don't know which to
use. I tried scc_data , but that did just bomb.