Packard Bell (desktop), Zoostorm (netbook), another machine consigned to the attic due to lack of space down here, whose brand I can't remember off hand. Plus an Intel Compute Stick supplied by eBuyer in December with Win10 32-bit preinstalled, but died during the first Windows update and has just been replaced as faulty. It's a similar spec to the netbook and shares the Aurora's monitor nicely since that has an otherwise unused HDMI connector. If I can get it working, it'll make me a second PC good enough for basic web browsing, streaming maybe, and of course QL emulation.

My son's laptop upgraded to Win10 OK with only a graphics driver issue, solved with a simple update to the driver, he has had massive problems with a self-build desktop PC of his but as he had more time on his hands than I do - he's persisted and tackled the issues one by one until the machine is now sort-of working even though he can be heard threatening to throw it out of the window almost daily, weeks after he first started updating. His main issues seem to revolve around connecting to the internet after the update and the machine going into constant restart loops after each Windows 10 update.

We've also had problems like Start menus disappearing and software being uninstalled or disabled after updates.

Basically, we found we were having to waste so much time fixing stupid issues there was little time left for actual computing!

Thankfully, where Windows 10 works, QL emulation seems to have carried on working just fine, which is the positive part of the saga. That seems to be reflected in user comments in magazines and online forums, that where Windows 10 works, people love it, but far too many people seem to find it doesn't work on updated systems and so go back to Windows 7. Would be interesting to find stats on what percentage of updaters rolled back to Windows 7 or 8.

Sadly, these days, our QLing is surprisingly dependent on other operating systems.

Dilwyn

Who made your machines out of interest?

Graeme

-----