On 01/16/2016 09:25 AM, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
Careful, Norman, you might just tempt me to Linux at this rate.

Which would not be that bad to do. I've been running exclusively Linux at home for about 3 years. The only major problem I have is that I can't print to a printer attached to a Windows system.

Instead of Linux Mint, I went with Lubuntu (Ubuntu light). I first installed Linux on an older Lenovo with 512MB of memory. Linux Mint would hardly start, but Lubuntu worked great.

SMSQmulator works fine under Linux. Q-emulator and QPC2 work fine under Wine. I even use EightyOne (ZX81) under Wine. There is a native ZX81 and Spectrum emulator ZesarUX. SZ81 is a native ZX81 emulator. Pasmo is a Z80 ASM cross compiler. Z88dk is a Z80 C cross compiler. I can really do all my Sinclair programming on Linux.

I'd suggest finding a spare system, install a distribution of Linux and just experiment with it.

Tim Swenson