If I may reframe the matter not as a discussion on the relative merits of
Copyright but in regard to the effect on the greater community.  It is simply
wrong to discontinue a worthy project, harm and reduce the viability of those
supporting the QL due solely to a sad minority of individuals.  This is an
extreme approach that punishes all and rewards the malcontents by caving to
their actions.  As a community, we have shown the willingness to help one
another and find a more appropriate redress.  Changes that lock down your site,
altering and filtering communications and allowing others to assist to spare
you the sole burden is a measured approach.  By ending the project in this
matter, it is more a condemnation on all of us, rather than those few who are
driving this action.  I would suggest a migration of the project if you feel
you can no longer deal with this onerous issues.  I know we need you and want
you to continue but recognize we also must assist if your efforts are
 to survive.