On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 06:09:38PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 02/04/02 00:05:37 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Two problems which I am unable to solve exist (do far), namely
> > > Deathstrike and Hoverzone - both of these programs fail to work on
> > > both QPC and using the SuperHERMES keyboard driver, in that as soon
> > > as they enter supervisor mode (to utilise the two screen mode), they
> > > cannot read the keyboard.
> >
> > You have a bigger problem there: there is no second screen on QPC. I
> > removed it long before the release of QPC1 v1.00.
> >
> > Marcel
> >

> Errrmmmm.... any ideas??
>
> Does anyone know if these programs will work on the Q40 or any other
> emulators??

doesn't work out of the box on UQLX but I can easilly add the
second screen.. nobody asked for it yet.
Does it depend on Minerva or will it completely disable QDOS
to use the second screen?

Afaik QLay is the most compatible emulator to use for old
games but it is also very restricted in functionality.

Qemulator and UQLX also work with a wide variety of old QDOS
ROMs so many old games should work there as well.

On the Q40/Q60 QDOS Classic might help some games as it uses
a memory layout much more similar to a real QL. The second
screen could be emulated with the help of the MMU or other
tricks and it would be certainly fast enough for old games
but iirc nobody looked at this yet.
Otoh if the game tries to take over the machine completely
then your chances on Q40/Q60 are very slim - use UQLX.

Richard