>I guess the point I was trying to make was that the 38 page guide was
>no where near comprehensive enough to document a full OS.  I'm sure
>that it assumed that the user was already familiar with QDOS.  The Gold
>Card/TKII manual was a little more in depth, as it only covered some
>extensions to the OS.  The original poster said something about a
>"printed handbook" for SMSQ/E and I would expect a little more than a
>38 page guide that barely covers the topics.
This is a little bit more revealing than the comment you originally
made. I gave with each Q 40 I sold (and the US ones were mostly sent out
by TF but I am sure he also sent the documentation too) all of the
documentation I could lay my hands on. A few people (three) bought Q 40s
with no prior knowledge of the QL or SMSQ/E I spent a bit of time with
them getting them up and running both in person at my house and on the
phone / Internet. There was no poster just an ad in QL Today and you
received documentation on the hardware too.  You do know about TK II and
I do agree that the state of the SMSQ/E documentation is really just an
upgrade notice but none of us have the resources to do anything else.
At the end of the day we did our best and we were there to support you
as we have been for all users over the years. Yes it was buggy and it
still is. We all tried to get it fixed and make it better but TT was the
only person available to do that. If we all stop this argument and get
on with it maybe we could make it better.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK