In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter
Graf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
>I have asked a simple question, no answer. OK I make it even simpler:
>Can I have Roy's above statement, without additions that make it void,
>from you ???
What are the additions that make it void ? If you want to a reseller,
apply. If you are accepted you can sell it at what ever price you want
to. We have not fixed the price at all as far as I can see. Your selling
SMSQ/E will add 10 euros to the price of one of your systems that is al.

>A large problem would still remain: My *person* is no guaranty to
>non-commercial developers. I can get sick, or whatever. Their rights
>should be in the *license*. If they are not, I can hardly expect them
>to work for Qx0 SMSQ/E.
This is a different issue. If your non-commercial developers don't want
to work under the licence that is their problem, not yours. As a
reseller you supply SMSQ/E as it is, you supply updates when they are
released, you try to get the bugs fixed when it is possible and you are
available to answer questions and provide help. This is what Jochen and
I have done for the last six years. We have no commitment to non
commercial developers because they are, by definition, not part of the
commercial scene. If they are so against this then they can write their
own system and give it away for free. You already said they could do
that.

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK