----- Original Message -----
From: "Jochen Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Software pirates in our midst?

> Hi,
>
> maybe I can add a bit of clarification here.
>
> Most of you know that, before Wolfgang became registrar, all
> SMSQ/E related royalties and licenses matters went through me
> to Tony. That was the fact for ALL SMSQ/E royalties, including
> the Q40/Q60.

> > > MAY ?
> > > Do they?
>
> There is no secret about the SMSQ/E royalty for the Q40/Q60.
> The agreement with Tony was, that Peter paid a fixed amount of
> money to get Tony started (including a personal license for Peter,
> if I remember correctly ... it's so long ago now) and every
additional
> licesens which was sold by Peter or QBranch had to be purchased
> through me.
>
> Qbranch bought individual licenses directly from me.
> Peter bought individual licenses directly from me.
> D&D never purchased a license from me.
> The last license purchase by Peter was early February 2002.
> Then the whole discussion started.
> After that, neither Peter nor D&D have ordered or paid any license
to me.

> There was no "gap" - as long as Wolfgang's license was not settled
> the route to purchase SMSQ/E licenses would have been through me.
> To make sure that there is nothing I am not aware of, I called Tony
> moment ago and asked him - he confirmed that THERE IS NO
> SPECIAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN HIM AND ANYBODY
> ELSE AND NO LICENSE MONEY HAS BEEN PAID TO HIM
> (apart from me and Wolfgang).
>
> Jochen

Peter has paid the licences in advance of sales. Sales to the end of
the year need to be paid at year end. Peter has asked Wolfgang for the
bank account to pay licence fees and although Peter has had replies
from Wolfgang on other matters the bank account is still a mystery to
Peter and therefore me. I formed the impression that the acount might
not have set up yet, I don't know.

Dennis - D&D Systems