> Il 08/11/2012 17:15, Matt Rauch ha scritto:
> >> The best way to do this is to run:
> >>
> >> doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d (if you
> use dovecot
> >> with MySQL for auth)
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> doveadm expunge -u u...@domain.com mailbox Trash
> savedbefore 30d (if
> >> you use dovecot with vpopmail auth)
> >>
> >> Any other script, like "find -exec rm", will break user's
> quota since
> >> is not updating maildirsize file.
> >>
> >> Form more information see
> >>
> >> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Expunge
> >> and
> >> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire
> >>
> >> Ciao
> >>
> >     Ok so I tested this method with search instead of
> expunge to see what
> > would hit. if I try the first command (doveadm expunge -A mailbox
> > Trash savedbefore 30d), I get an error message:
> >
> > # doveadm search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d
> > doveadm(mattr): Error: User listing returned failure
> > doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users
> >
> > If I use the second option (doveadm expunge -u
> u...@domain.com mailbox
> > Trash savedbefore 30d) it works, but I have to specify the
> username for each user.
> > Is there a way to do it so that it affects all users?
> (which I thought
> > the -A would do).
>
> The -A need dovecot auth with mysql like this:
>
> ## vpopmail
> ##
> # Query to get a list of all usernames.
> iterate_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS
> user FROM vpopmail # driver = mysql connect = host=localhost
> dbname=vpopmail user=vpopmail password=mypwd
> default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
>
> user_query = SELECT pw_dir as home, 89 AS uid, 89 AS gid,
> concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) as quota_rule FROM vpopmail
> WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'
>
> password_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS
> user, pw_passwd AS password, concat('*:backend=', pw_shell)
> as userdb_quota_rule FROM vpopmail WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND
> pw_domain = '%d'
>
> What kind of dovecot authentication are you using?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest with you. Are you able to tell from the
output of dovecot -n?

imap# dovecot -n
# 2.0.9: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p5 i386
auth_mechanisms = plain login cram-md5
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
default_client_limit = 1005
default_login_user = dovecot
default_process_limit = 500
disable_plaintext_auth = no
dotlock_use_excl = yes
first_valid_uid = 89
last_valid_uid = 89
log_path = /dev/stderr
log_timestamp =
passdb {
  args = webmail=127.0.0.1
  driver = vpopmail
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
  user = root
}
ssl_cert = </var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
ssl_key = </var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
userdb {
  args = quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
  driver = vpopmail
}
verbose_proctitle = yes

Matt