On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 7:59 PM <g80vmgm...@riseup.net> wrote:
> panina:
> > On 7/31/19 5:35 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> >> panina:

> >> You might be able to hack it like in 14-
> >> https://forums.whonix.org/t/how-do-i-customise-tor-browser-in-a-whonix-templatebased-dvm-in-whonix-14/5580/27.
> >> Note it may compromise anonymity by making your browser unique or at
> >> least less generic.
> >>

> > Can't seem to get this working. I get confused by how the dvm's work,
> > and am not succeeding in starting any applications in the dvm template.

> >> We did not. Decision by upstream, The Tor Project.
> >>

> > https://forums.whonix.org/t/workstation-15-dropped-both-noscript-and-https/7733
> >
> > Thanks, duly noted. Is there any chance to get them to add a setting for
> > this? Or re-think their decision?
> >
> > <3
> > /panina
> >

> > Thanks, duly noted. Is there any chance to get them to add a setting for
> > this? Or re-think their decision?
>
> Please see:
>
> TL;DR The TBB developers pushed out some half-baked changes that
> compromise UX, are hostile to the idea of reverting those changes, and,
> three months later, apparently have zero interest in fully baking those
> changes.
>
> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a little harsh, isn't it? Saying there is no interest is
ignoring the fact that Tor Browser is maintained by a team of 10
people for four different operating systems. Tor Browser is useless
(and actively harmful) if users are confused about which settings they
should change (due to careful design choices) and which settings they
shouldn't change. The Noscript and https-everywhere buttons on the
toolbar allowed people to tweak the settings easily, and this was not
something a normal user should do. If someone really needs to change
these settings, then they can go through a more complicated procedure
for accomplishing that.

The team will finish implementing this, but (in particular) the
highest priority task right now is migrating the Tor Browser patches
and build system from Firefox 60esr to 68esr within the next few
weeks.