Hal Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>That's a bug in the TSC calibration code.
>
>Recent Linux kernels use the TSC for timekeeping.  (At least on the
>systems I work with.)  There may be a simple command line option
>to use another chunk of hardware.

Yes. cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
prints the available clocksources, for example: "tsc acpi_pm jiffies".
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource shows
which source is used, and
echo acpi_pm > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
makes it to use acpi_pm. Of course, ntpd must recalibrate the frequency drift
then. After that the drift value seems to be correct after reboots! The time
source can be selected at boot time by adding "clocksource=acpi_pm" to the
kernel command line.