My bad, r-help messages indeed have the unsubscribe header set. Also,
at least for Gmail a "Precedence: bulk" should be set in order to this
mechanism to work, as Henrik pointed out.

Currently the raw headers set precedence to "list". I don't know the
technical differences of list and bulk, so maybe switching from one to
the other can impose some tradeoffs.

So I see three possibilities: leave as it is now, switch precedence to
"bulk" if it doesn't interfere on list behavior and have at least a
small unsubscribe button on some email clients or add an unsubscribe
link to footer.

#! Fábio