Hi Vojtěch,
you could try adopt densiTree() in phangorn to do this. It just plots each
tree separate over each other. You probably want to of move each tree a bit
up or down and add some more control for colors. It is based on the
internal function of from plot.phylo().
Cheers,
Klaus

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Liam J. Revell <liam.rev...@umb.edu> wrote:

> Hi Vojtěch.
>
> This kind of plot is possible to make using plotTree in phytools via the
> arguments tips (which sets the vertical coordinates of the tips, regardless
> of topology) & add (a logical value indicating whether to add the tree tree
> to an existing plot or to open a new plot). (All arguments for plotTree are
> documented in the man page for plotSimmap which plotTree uses internally.)
> Unfortunately, there is some complication. For instance, unless we set xlim
> & ylim, then plotTree will reset these values for each new plotted tree.
>
> Later this evening I will do my best to make an example & post it to my
> blog.
>
> - Liam
>
> Liam J. Revell, Associate Professor of Biology
> University of Massachusetts Boston
> web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
> email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
> blog: http://blog.phytools.org
>
> On 4/25/2017 12:20 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> for comparison of two trees I can use very nice function cophyloplot
>> plotting
>> two trees (left and right) and connecting respective nodes by lines. Very
>> nice
>> and convenient to read. But only for two trees. Displaying multiple trees
>> in
>> multiple comparisons is not very convenient.
>> To display dozens to hundreds of trees there is densitree. Also nice, but
>> for
>> this purpose I don't like its display.
>> I have several trees (~5) and I wish to compare their topologies, show
>> supports (at least for differing nodes) and highlight differences. I
>> thought
>> about some overlay/parallel plotting (similar to the attached image) where
>> there would be complete topologies displayed and incongruences would be
>> easily
>> visible. It would be probably doable by plotting all separate trees by
>> plot.phylo and then combining and tuning the figure in some vector editor
>> (like Inkscape). But I hope there is some more automated way to do it. :-)
>> Sincerely,
>> V.

Klaus Schliep
Postdoctoral Fellow
Revell Lab, University of Massachusetts Boston
http://www.phangorn.org/