Hi Alina,

Did you try multi2di() to remove polytomies?

Best,

Emmanuel

Le 23/01/2019 à 17:41, Alina van dijk a écrit :
Hi everyone,

My name is Alina, I'm attending master degree in ecology and I have a
little problem with my consensus phylogeny. I used 1000 phylogeny of
birdtree to construct the consensus tree but now I need to insert the dates
in this consensus tree.

To accomplish this idea, I tried different methods: consensustree<-averageTree
(tree,method="symmetric.difference") but the result is a consensus tree in
topology, binary and rooted but not ultrametric. For this problem I used
consensus_tree_ultrametric
<-compute.brlen(consensustree,method="Grafen",power=1), but the edge
lengths was altered.

So, I used another method to make a consensus tree using phytools
consensustree_another_method <- consensus.edges(multiphylo,method =
"mean.edge") as a result, a ultrametric tree, rooted with consensus edges
lengths, but have polytomies :(

I also tried using phylobase , proposed by Brian O'Meara in this link:
https://grokbase.com/t/r/r-sig-phylo/12bn9x5gv4/why-no-branch-lengths-on-consensus-trees
,
  but as a result, my consensus tree wasn´t ultrametric and the
transformation also altered the edge lengths.

I only need to insert the dates based on the trees dated by Jetz in this
consensus tree and as result, an ultrametric tree, with consensus edges
lengths and no polytomy.

Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,

Alina

Pour nous remonter une erreur de filtrage, veuillez vous rendre ici :
http://f.security-mail.net/VKQxzoa2