Le 25/01/2019 à 00:14, Alina van dijk a écrit :
Hi everyone,

Thanks Emmanuel and Joseph for sharing your thoughts!
Emmanuel, today I tried multi2di and it works. But, if I understand correctly, this function transforms the dichotomies with branches of length zero. So for me, in fact, doesn't solve the politomy. Right?

To see what multi2di() does, try this code:

tr <- compute.brlen(stree(10), 1)
tr2 <-  multi2di(tr)
par(mfcol = c(2, 2))
plot(tr)
plot(tr, use.edge.length = FALSE)
plot(tr2)
plot(tr2, use.edge.length = FALSE)

The internal branches that appear on the last plot have zero-length. Note the option random = TRUE in multi2di().

I hope this can help you with your headache(s)...

Best,

Emmanuel

Joseph, I'm only a begginer with R and this program already gives me a lot of headache.
It drives me crazy think in another program... hahahha
Just kidding! :)
But, nice to know that I have a plan B!
I will take a look!

Thanks in advance,