Dear reader,

I am working with the pcoa function of ape in R and I got the error message:
"min(D.eig$values) : invalid 'type' (complex) of argument" .

My input data is a distance matrix, which pcoa first converts to a matrix in
the first line within the code of the function. The error occurs when it
wants to check for negative eigenvalues at the line ' min.eig <-
min(D.eig$values)'

I checked D.eig$values and indeed they are complex numbers (imaginary
numbers). What I don't understand is why these are created. I never had any
issues with the pcoa function before, and now I change my dataset and this
happens. The distance matrix values range from 0 to 47 and I have species
names as rownames and column names. In the attachment I include a small
piece of the dataset and the code I run. I checked when the error occurs,
and I don't see why the extra line (2063) gives the error.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards,

Coline Boonman

--

PhD student

Department of Environmental Science

Faculty of Science

Radboud University Nijmegen

P.O. Box 9010, NL-6500 GL Nijmegen

E: c.boon...@science.ru.nl

T: + 31 (0)243653270 / + 31 (0)243653281 (secr.)

http://www.ru.nl/environmentalscience