Dear Emmanual,

Thank you for your response! I have checked your code, and I get the following:

matrix_dissim_Eucl<-as.matrix(mat_dissim_Eucl)

any(is.complex(matrix_dissim_Eucl))

#FALSE

 isSymmetric.matrix(matrix_dissim_Eucl)

# Error: cannot allocate vector of size 811.1Mb

So I checked by hand (I think it checks for row and column length, and for
equal row and column names

dim(matrix_dissim_Eucl)

#14582 14582

summary(colnames(matrix_dissim_Eucl)==row.names(matrix_dissim_Eucl))

#TRUE 14582

So I guess this means that it is a symmetric matrix that enters the pcoa
function, and that there are no complex values in the matrix.

I hope there is one thing I did not think of yet, and you can help me figure it
out. In any case, thank you for your help. I really appreciated it.

Kind regards,

Coline