Thanks Ben

The left-pad example is most helpful. Perhaps it could be included in the
docs, given that usefully illustrates features of ->i for which no example
is given.

I may well have a shot at re-implementing it once I have sufficient
machinery set up to support multiple and optional arguments in the kind of
style I favor for expressing contracts. Then it will be interesting to see
how the readability compares.

Thanks also for pointing me to the paper on contracts — time for a re-read!

Dan