I can't speak for others but for me I feel it would have helped a great
deal in enabling me to quickly figure out how it was supposed to actually
be used. What was tripping me up the most I guess was 1) it appeared to me
I needed to use the brackets like shown in the documentation, and 2) that
it was wanting some keyword (like "message") there.

Except for that I rather do feel so far that it is a great language for
beginners to learn and it even appears that it is in part aimed at
beginners in spite of the fact it is a language that professional scientist
types developed. It's a bit of a shame there are few serious, well done
video (YouTube) tutorials covering vital aspects like how to get a simple
GUI for an app put together - which for the most part is surprisingly
simple to do compared to other languages I've experimented with up until
this point. I had been fiddling with Python prior - which, as you'd expect,
has a massive amount of community material out there in the void - but I
wandered onto Racket and, except for the documentation snafu I experienced,
I find it to be an incredibly appealing language.