Jo Hudson asked:

>Can you please answer a question for me?  Is RDA going to replace  AACR2
>in cataloging and is changing to RDA from AACR2 something every library
>cataloger needs to be aware or ready to implement in our library?

Yes, no, and maybe.  Testing of RDA does not begin until June of 2010,
with implementation (unless we all come to our senses) in 2011.  If
implemented, you would certainly have to cope with derived records in
RDA.

Many libraries will not be able to afford access to the full RDA tool,
so it will be monkey see monkey do.  Sample RDA records are here:

http://www.loc.gov/acq/conser/rda_examples-rev04-15-2009.pdf

The most dramatic change is MARC21 fields 336-338 replacing 245$h GMD.
ISBD would have them display in advance of bibliographic information
(Area 0).  If displayed in MARC21 tag order between collation and
series, they are out of logical general to specific order.  What SLC
plans to do is at http://slc.bc.ca/cheats/practices.htm.  Offlist I
will send an essay expanding on my answer here.