From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:rd...@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of Henry Lam
Sent: Thursday, 11 February, 2010 10:55 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA requirements in LMS

Dear Su Nee

The keyword of RDA is extensibility and interoperability.  I would
think a xml-based system would be better than a marc-based system.

The new system should support integration of traditional collections
and digital collections into one catalogue.  It should have an open
cataloguing workflow with ready tools supporting exporting and
importing of records offline.  This is to give you more freedom to do
mass modification due to change of rules and practice, and ingestion
of records from external sources.

Regards
Henry Lam