Ah, I see, and the same subfield for uncontrolled entry vs entry from a controlled list. That is unfortunate. I see allowing for uncontrolled entry but would be much much better if controlled entry was in a separate subfield, so a machine reader could know if it was supposed to be controlled entry or uncontrolled entry. Similar to the 7xx$e vs 7xx$4. Really too bad that MARBI didn't respond to this need by making controlled and uncontrolled entry discoverable.

REALLY it would be best if not only were an entry designated as controlled, but if there were a way to specify WHAT controlled list it comes from. But Marc isn't really up to providing that.

Jonathan