Carikyn Kadri said:

>I find that the MARC relator terms and codes lists much more robust
>and explanatory than those listed in the RDA appendices ...

We absolutely agree; there is also the greater language nutrality of the
codes over terms (there is a list of French term equivalents),

We were very pleased that Library and Archives Canada has opted for $4
codes, and will do the same.  For clients outside Canada, we will
export $e and the term given for the code, which in some cases differ
(for the better) from the RDA terms, not to mention the advantage of
having one integrated list of codes, with no additional "understood" ones.

The more libraries using codes the better I think.