On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Michael Banck <mba...@gmx.net> wrote:
> The general way of building Debian packages is:
>
> 1. Configure (run cmake in this case)
> 2. Make
> 3. Run testsuite, if there is any
> 4. Run Make install, overriding the target directory to a staging
> directory under debian/
> 5. Assemble package from the contents of the staging directory plus
> additional metadata.

This looks mostly the same for RPM based distros

> This makes it impossible or at least hackish and awkward to run the
> testsuite after install.
>
> I will have to look how other cmake projects do this with compiled
> python modules.  Note that I set RDK_INSTALL_INTREE=OFF.

I am not sure if you will find it hackish or not, but I'm using
RDK_INSTALL_INTREE=OFF and actually running tests in my rpm .spec file
here:

http://giallu.fedorapeople.org/rdkit.spec

I guess you should be ok with a similar arrangement.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu