Hi Jason,

I talked through this scenario with Sol-Ark tech support a while back. The
take away was that grid peak shaving does exist but ONLY on the grid port.
If this is an off-grid installation, then land the conductors from the
generator on the grid port and select “gen connected to grid port” option.

But in a grid-tied scenario, where the generator is connected to the Gen
port, do not expect a smaller generator to get peak shaving support from
the inverter, and expect it to overload if an overload is present. Sol-Ark
suggested that you could use a ATS to allow the generator and grid
conductores to be shared on the single grid port…but that just seems like a
clunky idea.