I’ve had no issues with qo over the years for 12v except if they get dirt in them from mud dobber wasps.

Jay

On Apr 26, 2024, at 9:05 AM, Darryl Thayer via RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:

I agree with John also.  one of the better-performing off-grid houses I worked on used a 48 to 12-V Samlex converter. The 12-volt thick-walled refrigerator was about 4 amps at 12 volts. The lights, radio, and small TV drew very few amps each/  I also used an Outback 3648 inverter, which the homeowner turned on only. when needed (wash machine, etc.), I used SQ-D QO panel board in case the owner wanted to go to 120 volt AC future breaker panel. All lighting was Edison base lamps, and all wiring was NMB Romex.  I wired like a normal house except for a 120-v panel and 12-v panel I relay and momentary switch by appliance for easy turning on of AC inverter.