RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[20] Only two more games to buy the new Red News with Ole interview. Get RN123
on Sunday!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
New Red News 123 NOW OUT. 2nd of 3 chances to buy at the Birmingham game. Not
going? Order online!

Order Red News 123 here!

United's First Fanzine. Now 19 years old!

Just £2.

Inside THIS issue. Becks - miss him or not? Interviews with Ole, Bez and Jeff
Connor author of the Lost Babes. Gossip. City's 30 year old newspaper! Tony
Smith. YOUR View (letters). Tony O'Neill. Editorial Comment. What SU (now MUST)
have been up to. Loyal Through and Through - Welsh Phil. Alan Smith - a strange
kind of hero? Peter Shaw on Liverpool and us. Terrible football lookalikes.
Great graphics and much, much more!

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 123 Out March 12th. Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Either send sterling chequeto Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG made
payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[19] Head to Head vs Brum
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
from BBC

HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS
League: Man Utd 38 wins, Bimingham 24, Draws 25
Prem: Man Utd 5 wins, Bimingham 0, Draws 2

HEAD TO HEAD at Manchester United
League: Man Utd 26 wins, Bimingham 9, Draws 8
Prem: Man Utd 3 wins, Bimingham 0, Draws 0

---------------------------------
[18] Ref Sunday is...
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
Mike Dean

---------------------------------
[17] Gary Nev on debut
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"I achieved my dream that night and no-one could ever take it away from me. I
remember the manager having a real go afterwards for not pushing forward at a
throw-in, which was the only time I touched it during the time I was on. The
experience of playing at Old Trafford was unbelievable and just gave me the
hunger and desire to go on and on."

---------------------------------
[16] More Gary Nev
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"I have been a professional at United for 15 years now and it is impossible to
think the same way throughout that time. You need regenerating and you need to
refocus your mind. Sometimes it comes from within, sometimes it comes from
talking to people on the outside."

---------------------------------
[15] More Bardsley at Burnley
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"Once you've tasted it, you want more, and you get a little frustrated with the
lack of games. But I'm only young and coming here is a good experience for me.
Hopefully I can do well for the club."

If you haven't already signed up to e.bay.co.uk - quick and easy to do - do so
and each registration when you make a bid on ebay.co.uk within the first 30
days helps this site.

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5048476 Register on eBay.co.uk!
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5826355
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

And you can join up and if you use e.bay.com for a bid within 30 days that
helps us too

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5377629

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[14] Cuddly Pete the man of many faces
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"Shaun's not that type of player in my opinion, from what I know about him.
He's certainly a fair player, and he's not someone who goes to get other
players sent off. I think it's an unfortunate comment and one that's
unnecessary. I think the pace of the game is such that there are some real
issues, but we have to leave those to referees on the day of the game to
decide. There's no conscious policy here to dive."

---------------------------------
[13] Rooney on World Cup
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"For me it's the biggest trophy in the world and in the summer I hope to be
holding it up. Some of the greatest footballers ever have lifted this trophy so
it was an awesome feeling to get up close to it. The boys will do everything
they can to make sure we see it back here later on this summer. I think we have
a good chance. We have a lot of experienced players and a lot of young players
as well. Over the last year we've been playing well and hopefully we can take
that into the World Cup finals and come back as winners. We have a lot of good
players in the squad and I think we'll be disappointed if we don't come back
with the World Cup. I'm excited - it's building up and obviously there is a lot
of pressure on us all going to the World Cup."

---------------------------------
[12] Gary Nev on Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"To this day, I don't believe anyone would have done what he did, which was get
rid of seven or eight players over the course of a couple of seasons to make
way for a group of untested youngsters. It was the ultimate compliment and took
a lot of guts. After that, we could not let him down. When you look back and
people ask you who you owe the most to, it has to be him."

---------------------------------
[11] More Gary Nev on 500 club
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
"I love playing for Manchester United. If I was to move anywhere else, my love
for the game and my desire and determination just could not be the same. It is
for the manager and coaches to judge me but I am 31 now and feeling great. I
don't believe my fitness is slipping and I will just keep going as hard as I
can, for as long as I can, doing as well as I can. Hopefully that will take me
to 35, which is when Denis Irwin left, but I recognise four seasons is a long
time and my main aim at the moment is still to be here at the start of next
season. All the lads who came through together would acknowledge the best times
of their careers were at United because of what we achieved together. No player
who plays at this club should ever be stupid enough to think the grass is
greener elsewhere because it isn't. I have listened to players who have left
this club over the last five years or so and have never heard anyone say they
enjoy it more than they did when they were playing at Manchester United."

---------------------------------
[10] Lyn look to replace Mikel
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
 http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=43621
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=43621

'Norwegian club, Lyn Oslo, who are in the eye of a storm concerning the
transfer of young Super Eagles starlet John Mikel Obi to Manchester United,
have made a bold move to sign on four Nigerian local league stars.
The Norwegian FA had placed an embargo on the signing of Nigerian players
because of the Mikel Obi case, which forced Bayelsa United striker, Micheal
Ochei, out of a potential deal with a Norwegain side and was widely reported
recently.

But Nigeriansportsonline.com has it on good authority that the embargo has been
lifted and Lyn Oslo of Norway's director of sport, Morgan Andersen, is seeking
to use four new Nigerian players to replace the four-some of Mikel Obi, Chinedu
Ogbuke, Emmanuel Sarki and Bala Ezekiel, who have all been taken away from the
club by controversial football agent, John Ola Shittu.
The players are; attackers Ifeanyi Obediah of Enyimba and Titus Idoko of
Berger, defensive midfielder Abdulaziz Isa of Lobi and left full back Samuel
Ekong of Akwa United, who were all set to depart the country aboard a KLM
flight on Tuesday night for Norway.

They would join Lyn Oslo and proceed with the team on a training tour to Spain
where, if they impress, they would all grab three-year deals.
Dominic Egbukwu of Soccer Africa in Lagos, who in collaboration with former
Nigerdock goal-keeper, Chris Zibor, based in London and FIFA licensed
footballers' agent, Taju Akinyemi, based in Norway, are packaging the deal gave
all the details.

Egbukwu told said: “Morgan Andersen of Lyn Oslo sent us invitations for the
four players and we applied for their traveling visas.
“The embargo on Nigerian players was lifted about two weeks ago and the four
players namely (Ifeanyi) Obediah, Abdulaziz (Isa), Titus (Idoko) and Samuel
(Ekong) were given their visas to Norway on Monday and would travelled aboard a
KLM flight on Tuesday by 10.45 pm on tickets fully paid for by Lyn Oslo.

“I believe their (Lyn) plan is to use these local league stars to replace Mikel
Obi and his other friends who were taken away from the club by their agent.
“The agent packaging this deal is Taju Akinyemi, a FIFA licensed agent based in
Norway together with Chris Zibor formerly of Nigerdock.
“Hopefully if they (players) impress during Lyn Oslo's training tour of Spain
they should all grab three-year deals,” Egbukwu told Nigeriansportsonline.com
exclusively.

Lyn Oslo and their sporting director Morgan Andersen are still caught up in a
transfer mess involving talented youngster Mikel Obi, Manchester United the
club he was transfered to, Chelsea and Mikel's agent John Shittu.
The row has forced Mikel, Chinedu Ogbuke, Emmanuel Sarki and Bala Ezekiel away
from the Norwegian club as they have all been taken away by their agent Shittu.'

Danny Wallace's Danny Boy
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1905156200
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1905156200
The lost Babes
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=0007208073
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=0007208073
The Belfast Boy by Don Fardon
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000CQJZ2G
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000CQJZ2G
You Raise Me Up - A Tribute to George Best [Single] Brian Kennedy
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000CS3R2I
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000CS3R2I
The Men in Black: Further Exploits of Manchester United's Soccer Mob by Tony
O'Neill
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854490
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854490
in paperback: Red Army General: The Inside Story of the World's Most Infamous
Football Firm
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854458
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854458
Back from the Brink: Manchester United Crisis, 1919-1932
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=190174647X
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=190174647X
1968 European Cup Final for just under £12
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000B0QJJK
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B000B0QJJK
Busby Babes John Doherty and The Insider's Guide to Manchester United: Candid
Profiles of Every Red Devil Since 1945 £6 OFF
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1901746410
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1901746410
Manchester United - FA Cup Final Classics - New Dvd
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00083D4FM
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00083D4FM
Tony Whelan United Academy Chief 'The Birth of the Babes', 'Manchester United
Youth Policy, 1950-1957'
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1901746453
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1901746453
Grafters
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854288
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=1903854288
Manchester United. The FA Cup Finals. Every Final since 1963 in a boxed set,
£15 off the r.r.price
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00061RZEW
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00061RZEW
Bring back those Cup memories with the 1977 Cup Final. Under £6 on DVD from
Amazon
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B0001IMD4C
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B0001IMD4C
Scousebusters 1985 Cup Final
 http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00027NW1A
http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=B00027NW1A

---------------------------------
[9] SUN speaks cash tills
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
'ALEX FERGUSON will soon be splashing another fortune on new players — thanks
to Old Trafford’s increased capacity.

Manchester United’s £43million outlay on 8,000 more seats to turn their ground
into a 76,200 all-seater venue will start to bear fruit on Sunday.

There will be 2,200 new seats available for Birmingham’s visit, triggering the
Premiership’s first 70,000-plus attendance.

United will pull in 34,000 fans per-game more than Chelsea, bringing in £3m
each time. And boss Fergie will reap the benefit.

Chief executive David Gill said: “We have always understood that money made on
the pitch has to be reinvested back into the club and through that we have gone
from strength to strength.”

---------------------------------
[8] SUN on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
'RUUD VAN NISTELROOY is so worried his Manchester United woes could damage his
World Cup hopes he rang Dutch coach Marco Van Basten for reassurance.

Van Basten told him his place was safe but he urged the out-of-sorts United
striker to force his way back into the starting line-up.

Van Nistelrooy’s United and Holland team-mate Edwin van der Sar revealed the
hitman, 29, is deeply concerned at being left on the bench.

Boss Alex Ferguson has settled on a strike pairing of Wayne Rooney and Louis
Saha for the last four games — and United have won the lot.

Van der Sar, who has been coaching a group of schoolchildren to help launch the
50th anniversary of the Busby Babes’ first title success, said: “Ruud spoke
with Van Basten and they had a good conversation.

“It’s a difficult situation but it’s down to him and down to the hard work he
shows on the training pitch so that he can come back again.”

---------------------------------
[7] Luton manager unhappy with dissenting Luton fan websites and forums
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
Mike Newell

"I don't do websites, the internet or email. Call me old-fashioned, but I
believe websites are an avenue for evil. We can take criticism but not from
low-lifes. If whoever it was wants to come in the dressing room and discuss
football they are welcome, but I doubt it very much. Eventually there will be
laws introduced to deal with that sort of scum, but we all know how long it
takes people in authority to see what's going on."

---------------------------------
[6] David Sullivan Brum chief
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
after Tuesday

"I have never been into a dressing room before but this makes you feel like you
want to. But if I do that I would sever the manager's ties with the players.
They know it is not good and we just hope in the next few games that we can get
through it, but you can't see it happening against Manchester United and
Chelsea."

---------------------------------
[5] Glazer talks about fans...
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
well as he issues a statement regarding the retirement of NFL Commissioner Paul
Tagliabue

“Paul has been an outstanding Commissioner for the National Football League.
His leadership has guided the league to unimaginable heights. Most importantly,
he never forgot to remind us that it was the fans and the game that should
always come first.”

So when do us fans come first at United Malcolm?

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/16139340/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17211&a=608750&g=16139340
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[4] £5 from EVERY shirt sold goes to a better United vision
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
The Alternatives...

NB. £5 from EVERY shirt sold will go straight to the Shareholders United
Phoenix Fund.

100% unofficial Short Sleeve 100% cotton, high quality shirts.

Option 1

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of 1968 ECF style crest. HIGHEST QUALITY.

ONLY £29.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Red ECF Style
crest with white ringer sleeve and neck. Please specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on <http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm for badge detail

Price: £29.99 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: 1878ringer or RNT64

Option 2

NB. £5 from EVERY shirt sold will go straight to the Shareholders United
Phoenix Fund.

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Manchester, 1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of Phoenix style crest. HIGHEST
QUALITY.

ONLY £29.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Red Phoenix
Style with white ringer sleeve and neck. Please specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm for badge detail

Price: £29.99 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: Phoenix or RNT65

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or by
post at Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Just mark the product code and shirt size when ordering below.

PLEASE NOTE. Because each shirt has a hand embroided crest, which is specific
to each order we get, though we will endeavour to deliver your order as quickly
as we can, the standard 28 day turnover rule does apply.

To fit chest:
S       36"
M       40"
L       42"
XL      44"
XXL     50"

Click on to order via paypal below

e.mail html

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

You can also order by phone or fax.

IMPORTANT! Red News can now accept orders for items on sale in our shop -
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm - via credit card payment over the
phone or fax via the safe and secure worldpay service. This includes payment
for RN shirts, subscriptions or even individual orders for the mag. We accept a
wide range of credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch and
Electron amongst others. If you would like to order something by phone, please
e.mail your phone number, name and address to [EMAIL PROTECTED] together with
your order items and we'll ring you for your order, notify you of stock and get
it processed.

The shopper has the right to cancel within seven days of their contract with
us, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If the
shopper does cancel their order, they will have their payment returned and we
will outline the procedures they must follow to return their goods or services.
These follow the guidelines of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling)
Regulations 2000.

Subscribers Offer.  Red News subscribers now get 10% discount on ALL items on
the Red News shop -  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
which are exempt from this offer. For all other items please mark off 10% (ie
for a £25 item, it would be £22.50) and ensure you quote your subscription
number and you can order by mail, online or by phone/fax.

---------------------------------
[3] Now there's a surprise
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
We will see press statements from Charlton about this...

Charlton-Boro

See the Boro fans standing throughout the game?

---------------------------------
[2] Club Press Release on Foundation
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:
BABES PROVIDE SOLID FOUNDATION FOR UNITED

Five decades after the Babes’ first title, Club set to create a new charity to
benefit youth and communities across the world

Manchester United is to launch a year celebrating its five decades of
achievement since the Busby Babes won their first title in April 1956, the Club
announced today.

Celebration events, commemorative dinners and a match at Old Trafford in May
2007 will be used to mark the passing of 50 years that defined the world’s
greatest football institution and gave Manchester United its unique place in
the heart of the football family.

The year will have at its heart the Club’s enduring commitment to investing in
young talent and sees the creation of a fitting legacy in the new Manchester
United Foundation – a significant investment in supporting communities in
Trafford, nationwide and around the world.

The celebration was launched at a special training session for 80 young people
from across the north west, taken by Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown were among the first teamers who joined
Sir Alex and his deputy Carlos Queiroz to put the youngsters through their
paces in a chance-of-a-lifetime session at the Club’s state of the art Academy
at Carrington.

It’s 50 years since the Busby Babes won their first league title on 7 April
before going onto be the first English club to play in European football the
following season.  The current team play rivals Arsenal on 9 April and the game
will be used to kick off a year of commemorating the achievements which
followed that victory over Blackpool in 1956.

Events celebrating unique milestones such as a dinner commemorating the Club’s
50 years in European football will finish with a match at Old Trafford to raise
funds for the Foundation in May 2007.  The website, magazine and match
programme will be used to tell the remarkable story to the latest generations
of fans and the Club plans to amend the curriculum for its young professionals
to include lessons on its history and heritage.

The new Manchester United Foundation is designed to use the power of football
as a sport and the Manchester United name to benefit communities in Trafford,
the north west and around the world.

It will be run by representatives of present and former players, Club
officials, as well as key figures from outside the Club.  It will engage
communities from Trafford to Thailand by working with current and new partners
and through the existing seven year relationship with the Club’s global charity
partner, UNICEF.

Club Director Sir Bobby Charlton said:

“Manchester United has fans all around the world.  In the 50 years since that
great young side won the League, we’ve become the most famous and best loved
Club around.  I’m proud to have played a part in that.  I’m thrilled there is
to be a formal celebration of what has been achieved in that time – some of the
planned events are amazing.  It is fitting that such a momentous period in our
history is being marked by the creation of a permanent legacy for the
communities around the world that love the Club.”

Announcing the Foundation, Chief Executive David Gill said:

“I am delighted to announce the creation of the Manchester United Foundation
which will allow us to use the power of football and the name of Manchester
United to help those communities nearest to Old Trafford and many more, further
afield.  It will be run by key figures from the Club’s past and present – as
well as people outside the club from the public and private sectors.  It will
help agencies to improve the lives of young people.”

Events planned include: Commemorative programme v Arsenal on 9 April (with
reproduction of Championship programme of 7 April 1956), parade of trophies v
Arsenal; burial of a time capsule, Celebration dinner with Players’ awards in
May 2006, 50 years of European football dinner and a match at the end of
2006/07 season at Old Trafford

The Manchester United Foundation will be operative by the start of next season
(2006/07).

---------------------------------
[1] The Best
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 by db:

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

M, L, XL and XXL sizes available

Just £15 inc p&p UK, £17 ROW - product code is, simply, BEST

You can order by sending a cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Alternatively you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or
Solo - for any one or any number of the shirts/hoods via the fast, safe and
secure paypal.

Just make sure you enter the correct product code for each shirt/hoodie (listed
on the shop part of the site) when ordering, together with the size (if others
than extra large are available, check on each specific item if that is the
case) and the correct price - please fill in the price column online
accordingly. Prices includes postage and packing.

Click on

e.mail html

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[44] Team for Blackburn reserves tonight
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
United: Steele, Marsh, K Lee, Shawcross, Piqué, Rose, Neumayr, Hewson, Brandy,
Rossi, Mullan.
Substitutes: Fortune, Amos, Gray, Burns, Lea.

---------------------------------
[43] More Rossi
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"I was well aware of United's history of giving young players a chance and that
was one of the main reasons why I decided to come to the club. I spent five
years at Parma and they were very good to me but I felt it was time to move on
and try something new.  If you had to choose between playing for United and
Parma, I think everyone would have chosen United just like I did.  My time at
Old Trafford had been great so far and I'm ready for when the gaffer gives me
my chance. I look round the dressing room at the other players and think to
myself they were once great young players and now they have become world class
players. That gives me the motivation to go on and I have to believe that if
they can make it, so can I as well."

---------------------------------
[42] The war has started?
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
from Sportinglife

'UEFA have warned clubs could be thrown out of their domestic leagues if they
choose to form a rival tournament.

A statement issued by European football's giverning body has responded to
reports that the 'G14' group of clubs - which includes Manchester United,
Arsenal and Liverpool - have considered breaking away to form a rival
tournament to the Champions League, although those reports have been denied.

In a strongly-worded statement, UEFA also defended their position on ensuring
players are released to play for their national teams.

In a clear reference to the G14 - although the organisation is not referred to
by name - the statement reads: "Football is about fairness, opportunity,
excitement and variety. It is not (sic) closed shop where only the richest and
most powerful are invited to the table.

"UEFA will not tolerate a structure or system where smaller clubs, smaller
nations and all their supporters never have the chance to follow their dream.

"This is not what UEFA are about, this is not what Europe is about, this is not
what football is about."

Referring to the ongoing player release controversy, the statement continues:
"A self-appointed group of clubs has challenged this rule.

"They are not interested in protecting competition but only interested in
protecting themselves and their economic interests and in dictating their
conditions on others.

"This group of clubs does not care if there is less competition between nations
and less competition between clubs.

"But UEFA does care and that is why we will defend the rule and are working
together with FIFA to do so."

The statement concludes: "UEFA will not stand in the way of those who want to
leave the family (which also means the domestic competitions) and who do not
share our sporting values."

That statement in effect warns the G14 that they may not be able to play in
competitions like the Premiership if they do leave the UEFA 'family'.

"But you can not 'pick and choose'," the statement continues. "We will defend
our beliefs and we will defend our rules. Our structures may evolve but our
core beliefs are set in stone. All national associations stand together with
UEFA on this fundamental issue."

The G14 represent 18 clubs from seven of Europe's more powerful football
nations.'

---------------------------------
[41] Chelsea away on the Saturday, live, time tba
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
SKY announce more live games

Monday April 17:
Chelsea v Everton, PremPlus

Saturday April 22:
Arsenal v Tottenham

Monday April 24:
Fulham v Wigan

Saturday April 29:
Chelsea v Man United
Charlton v Blackburn, PremPlus

Sunday April 30:
Tottenham v Bolton

Monday May 1:
Sunderland v Arsenal
West Brom v West Ham

---------------------------------
[40] Phil Bardsley on Burnley move
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"The lads have all made me feel really welcome. I'm settling in very well
really. Burnley is only round the corner from me so it was a bonus coming here."

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-795737-10366578

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[39] Gill on sponsors
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"Looking on the commercial side, we have got a new sponsor coming. We'll always
look to be pioneering and innovative in what we try to do. We're in advanced
talks but I won't be specific about anything."

---------------------------------
[38] Gill on Keane testimonial
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"It's moving ahead. I think Roy's got a testimonial committee and the date
that's pencilled in, and we're working to now, is May 9th. It will be a
fantastic occasion and a fitting tribute to a great captain. Manchester United
versus Celtic will be full to the rafters and I think everyone will quite
rightly want to come back and pay their thanks to Roy for his services over the
years."

---------------------------------
[37] Fergie on kids
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"You mention the word heritage and history and you can't lose that part of what
you are. You see the kids here today and that's what Manchester United is
about, young people. We always try to produce the best young players we can. I
think the most important thing is that players have come through that
particular route themselves, they're local boys. Ryan Giggs and Wes Brown are
local boys who came to our school of excellence and progressed the way
hopefully some of these young kids are going to. What we're trying to do all
over this academy is show the history of the club, all the corridors have
photographs of great players we produced ourselves. It's an incentive to them
that it can be done and that any young kid coming through the books at
Manchester United will get an opportunity."

---------------------------------
[36] Rossi on joining United
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
"Once I knew United were after me, there was no other decision to make. "I had
five good years at Parma. But it was time to move on, and I have no regrets. I
knew United had a great history of bringing through their own players, and that
gave me the motivation to come here and try to do it myself. So far, it has
been an amazing experience - and I hope I can push on that bit further and make
it into the first team on a regular basis."

---------------------------------
[35] Associated Press also say
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
'Off the field, Ole is being lined up to become an an ambassador of the new
charitable Manchester United Foundation.'

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5590780

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[34] Gill - Ole will be offered pay as you play deal
Posted Thursday, March 23, 2006 by db:
as Ole told RN he wanted, Gill says

"We want to keep Ole at the club. We are going to sort that out. He has been a
great player for us and a fantastic individual. I know he wants to stay and I
am sure something will be sorted out. We have to make sure any deal reflects
the situation and that it is appropriate. Both parties want to make it work and
I am sure we will."

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon